What Can You Do With a Bachelor’s in Biology?
- Biological Technician.
- Health Communications Specialist.
- Biology Teacher.
- Pharmaceutical Sales.
- Agricultural and Food Scientist.
- Environmental Scientist.
- 1 What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in biology?
- 2 Is a biology bachelor’s degree worth it?
- 3 What can you do with a biology degree besides medical school?
- 4 What is the highest paying job for a biology degree?
- 5 Is it hard to find a job with a biology degree?
- 6 Is biology a useless degree?
- 7 How can I make money with a biology degree?
- 8 Can you become a nurse with a biology degree?
- 9 Is a major in biology hard?
- 10 Is biology a good major for pre med?
- 11 Can I go into medicine with a biology degree?
What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in biology?
- Academic researcher.
- Higher education lecturer.
- Marine biologist.
- Nature conservation officer.
Is a biology bachelor’s degree worth it?
Is a Biology Degree Worth Pursuing? When looked at as an entire group, the picture for biology majors is quite positive. In fact, biology degrees are the No. 1 bachelor’s degree that aspiring doctors earn before starting medical school; this type of degree provides a good foundation for students interested in medicine.
What can you do with a biology degree besides medical school?
Medical School Alternatives for Biology Majors
- Education (public or private)
- Health/biology content writing.
- Food science.
- Environmental science.
- Forensic science.
- Biological research assistant.
- Biomedical engineer.
- Biotechnology (including consulting, marketing, research and development, and bioprocessing)
What is the highest paying job for a biology degree?
Highest-paying biology jobs
- Health communications specialist. National average salary: $57,530 per year.
- Microbiologist. National average salary: $64,925 per year.
- Pharmaceutical sales representative.
- Respiratory therapist.
- Environmental scientist.
- Registered nurse.
- Physical therapist assistant.
- Genetic counselor.
Is it hard to find a job with a biology degree?
Chances are high that you’ll be able to find a job that pays well; biological scientists make an average salary of $69,000 or more. And the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 8–11% job growth over the next decade for many life, physical and social science occupations.
Is biology a useless degree?
With a BS in Bio, you’ll be competing against a lot of people for relatively few jobs. It’s not a great scenario to be in. You’ll want to get another certification, skill, or graduate degree that is more marketable/in demand. It isn’t a useless major, but it definitely needs something extra to supplement it.
How can I make money with a biology degree?
Biology degree career paths
- Park ranger. National average salary: $14.33 per hour.
- Agricultural or food science technician. National average salary: $15.45 per hour.
- Biological technician or research assistant.
- Quality control technician.
- Content writer.
- Health educator.
- Physician liaison.
- Food scientist.
Can you become a nurse with a biology degree?
You might not have realized it when you were in school, but a Bachelor of Science in Biology degree makes you a prime candidate to become a nurse. That’s because so much of what nursing students learn about is based in anatomy, physiology, chemistry and other related scientific studies.
Is a major in biology hard?
Biology is certainly a hard major but not quite as difficult as other STEM majors such as physics or chemistry. Most students find a biology degree difficult to pursue because it has an extensive syllabus, lots of lab work, several challenging concepts, unfamiliar vocabulary, and lots of things to memorize.
Is biology a good major for pre med?
Biology or chemistry would be a great choice. You’ll also want to ensure that you regularly communicate with your pre-med advisor about your course load. Your advisor will help you stay on track with medical school requirements and make sure you properly plan which courses to take before you sit for the MCAT.
Can I go into medicine with a biology degree?
Research is one of the most exciting areas graduates can go into with a medical biology degree. As a medical researcher, you will be contributing to the field of medicine positively, by arming the healthcare industry with much-needed insight into different drugs and treatments.