1 : of or relating to biology or to life and living processes. 2 : used in or produced by applied biology. 3 : connected by direct genetic relationship rather than by adoption or marriage her biological father.
- 1 What is biological example?
- 2 What does biological body mean?
- 3 Does biological mean alive?
- 4 How do we use biology in our everyday life?
- 5 What does biological self mean?
- 6 What is the difference between biology and human biology?
- 7 Is human biology same as anatomy?
- 8 What makes a human biology?
- 9 What does biological mean in medicine?
- 10 What does biological mean in psychology?
- 11 What is a biological daughter?
- 12 How biology affects your life?
- 13 Why is biology so hard?
- 14 What is meant by biological activity?
What is biological example?
The definition of biological is something that relates to life or living. An example of biological is water helping the kidneys flush waste and toxins from the body. An example of biological is a mother and her son to whom she gave birth.
What does biological body mean?
(1) The physical structure or of an organism, whether living or dead. (2) The major portion of a structure; the trunk or central part as opposed to appendages or accessories.
Does biological mean alive?
1. The quality or condition proper to living beings; the state of existence characterized by such functions as metabolism, growth, reproduction, adaptation, and response to stimuli. 2. Living organisms such as animals and plants.
How do we use biology in our everyday life?
Everyday Uses of Biology
- Foods and Beverages. People consume biological products both to survive and for enjoyment.
- Clothing and Textiles. People wear clothing made from biological substances.
- Beauty and Personal Care.
- Transportation and Leisure.
- Healthcare and Medicine.
What does biological self mean?
“The Biological Self” brings psychosocial concepts and theories of development together with those of brain structure and function that underpin and influence adaptation across the lifespan for better or for worse.
What is the difference between biology and human biology?
Biology is a natural science that studies the physiology, behavior and other qualities of life and living organisms, while human biology focuses on humans.
Is human biology same as anatomy?
Biology and anatomy are interrelated, as anatomy is a subset of general biology. Biology is the study of life including all parts and systems. Anatomy, however is the specific study of the human body. Although, in some studies such as veterinary school, students would study the anatomy of animals.
What makes a human biology?
Human biology is the branch of biology that focuses on human beings and human populations; it encompasses all aspects of the human organism including genetics, ecology, anatomy and physiology, anthropology, and nutrition, among others.
What does biological mean in medicine?
(bī’ō-loj’i-kal), A diagnosic, pregentive, or therapeutic preparation derived or obtained from living organisms and their product, for example, serum, vaccine, antigen, antitoxin.
What does biological mean in psychology?
Biological psychology, also called physiological psychology, is the study of the biology of behavior; it focuses on the nervous system, hormones and genetics. Biological psychology examines the relationship between mind and body, neural mechanisms, and the influence of heredity on behavior.
What is a biological daughter?
biological daughter n ( female offspring by birth )
How biology affects your life?
How biology affects your life? Students of Biology will not only learn about the human body, they will also put into context our place in the environment, how organisms rely on one another to co-exist on our planet and will also discover the natural food chain, distinguishing predators from prey.
Why is biology so hard?
Biology and Biology majors are hard because of the vast amount of information required to learn but also involves a lot of unfamiliar concepts (some of which are difficult) and require mastering an unfamiliar vocabulary (which is true of any science).
What is meant by biological activity?
Definition. Biological activity is “ the capacity of a specific molecular entity to achieve a defined biological effect” on a target (Jackson et al. 2007). It is measured in terms of potency or the concentration of the molecular entity needed to produce the effect (Pelikan 2004).