Transpiration: The release of water from plant leaves Some of this water is returned to the air by transpiration.
- 1 What process can water be returned to the atmosphere?
- 2 What is the biological process that is part of the water cycle?
- 3 What is the biological process that causes precipitation to enter the atmosphere?
- 4 Is water cycle biological process?
- 5 Which processes help return water to the oceans and lakes?
- 6 What are two processes that cause water to enter the atmosphere?
- 7 What is the name of the process in which water enters the atmosphere from the leaves of plants?
- 8 What is the process of the water cycle in order?
- 9 What are the 5 major processes of the water cycle?
- 10 What process leads to water entering an aquifer?
- 11 How does precipitation return to the water cycle?
- 12 Is precipitation a biological process?
- 13 What is the meaning of biological process?
- 14 What are the 6 processes of the water cycle?
- 15 What are the 7 stages of the water cycle in order?
What process can water be returned to the atmosphere?
In various processes such as evaporation, condensation, sublimation, and evapotranspiration, water is returned to the atmosphere. Evaporation: The process of conversion of water from a state of liquid to gas by the action of heat released by the sun is known as evaporation.
What is the biological process that is part of the water cycle?
The part of the water cycle that is a biological process is transpiration.
What is the biological process that causes precipitation to enter the atmosphere?
Cycling of water: Water from the land and oceans enters the atmosphere by evaporation or sublimation, where it condenses into clouds and falls as rain or snow. Precipitated water may enter freshwater bodies or infiltrate the soil. The cycle is complete when surface or groundwater reenters the ocean.
Is water cycle biological process?
The Water Cycle. The chemical elements and water that are needed by organisms continuously recycle in ecosystems. They pass through biotic and abiotic components of the biosphere. That’s why their cycles are called biogeochemical cycles.
Which processes help return water to the oceans and lakes?
photosynthesis, condensation, infiltration.
What are two processes that cause water to enter the atmosphere?
Water enters the atmosphere through evaporation, transpiration, excretion and sublimation: Transpiration is the loss of water from plants (via their leaves).
What is the name of the process in which water enters the atmosphere from the leaves of plants?
The water eventually is released to the atmosphere as vapor via the plant’s stomata — tiny, closeable, pore-like structures on the surfaces of leaves. Overall, this uptake of water at the roots, transport of water through plant tissues, and release of vapor by leaves is known as transpiration.
What is the process of the water cycle in order?
There are four main stages in the water cycle. They are evaporation, condensation, precipitation and collection.
What are the 5 major processes of the water cycle?
Together, these five processes – condensation, precipitation, infiltration, runoff, and evapotranspiration – make up the Hydrologic Cycle. Water vapor condenses to form clouds, which result in precipitation when the conditions are suitable.
What process leads to water entering an aquifer?
An aquifer is a body of porous rock or sediment saturated with groundwater. Groundwater enters an aquifer as precipitation seeps through the soil. It can move through the aquifer and resurface through springs and wells.
How does precipitation return to the water cycle?
Most precipitation falls back into the oceans or onto land, where, due to gravity, the precipitation flows over the ground as surface runoff. A portion of runoff enters rivers in valleys in the landscape, with streamflow moving water towards the oceans.
Is precipitation a biological process?
Organic nutrients providing a reducing atmosphere are ethanol and simple sugars. The reduction of sulfate to sulfide is biological process and the precipitation of metal sulfide is chemical process.
What is the meaning of biological process?
Biological processes are those processes that are vital for an organism to live, and that shape its capacities for interacting with its environment. Biological processes are made of many chemical reactions or other events that are involved in the persistence and transformation of life forms.
What are the 6 processes of the water cycle?
Of the many processes involved in the water cycle, the most important are evaporation, transpiration, condensation, precipitation, and runoff. Although the total amount of water within the cycle remains essentially constant, its distribution among the various processes is continually changing.
What are the 7 stages of the water cycle in order?
THE WATER CYCLE: A GUIDE FOR STUDENTS
- Step 1: Evaporation. The water cycle begins with evaporation.
- Step 2: Condensation. As water vaporizes into water vapor, it rises up in the atmosphere.
- Step 3: Sublimation.
- Step 4: Precipitation.
- Step 5: Transpiration.
- Step 6: Runoff.
- Step 7: Infiltration.