Jobs for biological sciences majors
- Academic and hospital research.
- Environmental science.
- Food industries.
- Forensic science.
- Government agencies (FBI, FDA, DNR, NASA, USDA)
- 1 What jobs can you do with a biological science degree?
- 2 Is biological science a good degree?
- 3 How hard is it to find a job with a biology degree?
- 4 Can you become a doctor with a biological science degree?
- 5 Can I work in a hospital with a biology degree?
- 6 Is a biological science degree useless?
- 7 Is biological sciences a hard major?
- 8 Can I become a nurse with a biology degree?
- 9 What can you do with a biology degree and make money?
- 10 What is the highest paying job for a biology degree?
What jobs can you do with a biological science degree?
Top jobs with a biosciences degree
- Animal health officers.
- Biomedical scientists.
- Clinical data managers.
- Clinical research associates.
- Clinical trial associates.
- Customer service analysts.
- Data scientists.
- Drug safety specialists.
Is biological science a good degree?
Biology is a well respected degree choice, and offers the chance to get up close and personal with all matter of human, animal and cell life. Biology degrees contain a wide variety of modules, ensuring that you can study something that really interests you and making it a good choice for keen scientists.
How hard is it to find a job with a biology degree?
Chances are high that you’ll be able to find a job that pays well; biological scientists make an average salary of $69,000 or more. And the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an 8–11% job growth over the next decade for many life, physical and social science occupations.
Can you become a doctor with a biological science degree?
Students majoring in biological science may also pursue an advanced degree in biological science or a related field, such as medicine. A bachelor’s degree in biological science can serve as the first step toward becoming a doctor, dentist, or veterinarian.
Can I work in a hospital with a biology degree?
Hospital jobs with a bachelor’s degree in biology include physician’s assistants, radiation and nuclear medicine techs, and registered nurses. These types of jobs are also found in clinics, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, rehab centers, government agencies, the military and more.
Is a biological science degree useless?
Besides, a biology degree is not pointless at all. Biology as a field of science is very diverse, and it branches into many interesting areas. If you really wanted to do a masters, I’m pretty sure you can switch from BSc to MSci by the end of your 2nd year provided that you score highly on appropriate modules.
Is biological sciences a hard major?
Biology is a challenging field, and the rigors of a biology degree might prove too much for individuals who only feel lukewarm about the subject. However, for those who begin their studies with a plan for how they want to use their education, it can be one of the most rewarding degrees available.
Can I become a nurse with a biology degree?
You might not have realized it when you were in school, but a Bachelor of Science in Biology degree makes you a prime candidate to become a nurse. That’s because so much of what nursing students learn about is based in anatomy, physiology, chemistry and other related scientific studies.
What can you do with a biology degree and make money?
Biology degree career paths
- Park ranger. National average salary: $14.33 per hour.
- Agricultural or food science technician. National average salary: $15.45 per hour.
- Biological technician or research assistant.
- Quality control technician.
- Content writer.
- Health educator.
- Physician liaison.
- Food scientist.
What is the highest paying job for a biology degree?
Highest-paying biology jobs
- Health communications specialist. National average salary: $57,530 per year.
- Microbiologist. National average salary: $64,925 per year.
- Pharmaceutical sales representative.
- Respiratory therapist.
- Environmental scientist.
- Registered nurse.
- Physical therapist assistant.
- Genetic counselor.